Friday, August 1, 2008

Something greater than one's self

Conviction is just another simple way of saying, "guilty, but I'll get over it sometime." My life is more of a disaster, I am "convicted" of sin and have this spiritual conviction but then go screw up again a week after I was "dubbed invincible". Should my conviction of the thought, "Christ died for me, so I should devote my life to Him," be turned into more of a promise? A promise seems permanent to me, when a conviction can be blown up with bail money or convincing the point you're over what you used to do.

What if my conviction turned more into a promise saying, "Since I'm a disaster I'll lay my life at His feet so I may live. so I can throw myself away and embrace a life worth living. A life life worth dying for." What if I stepped outside the mold of a hypocritical Christian culture and became a Revolutionist? Ratified my life so my very actions would scream to the world, "I'M A JESUS FREAK, THROW AT ME WHAT YOU WILL FOR ONE DAY I WILL SPEND ETERNITY WITH MY KING." What if I grasped the fact that what the Lord offers is better than what the world offers? What if I threw aside my heaviness for a garmet of praise? What if I gave my life for the will of Savior with power to great for the world to contain? What if I saw and tasted and truly felt that the Lord was good?

COULD I CHANGE THE WORLD

Once and for all etenity. Amen.

1 comment:

Hey, I'm Hannah Marie. said...

this is totally inspiring and really awesome to see in today's youth.